Help me!!! Central locking not working on my 307

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Whooples
New User

Help me!!! Central locking not working on my 307

Post by Whooples »

Hi

This is my first time posting on the forum so hope I've done it in the right place

I'm in need of some advice/help

My central locking is not working, I have two keys both of which have been tested and they are working perfect so it's not key related.

I can only manually lock the drivers door, ( when I do this it doesn't automatically lock the rest of the car )

To open the boot I have to put the key in the ignition

Any ideas? I haven't took the car to a Peugeot garage or any garage regarding this as I'm worried about the charge to get it fixed
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Help me!!! Central locking not working on my 307

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

There are a number of things it could be. My first suggestion would be to get the batteries checked in the keys. The keys themselves don't need batteries for them to unlock and start the car, but do need them for the remote functions. If the batteries are good (or have been replaced) then the keys might need to be paired to the car. You would have to check the handbook on how this is done, as it can vary from car to car. For example, my Mums' Volvo doesn't need to do this (as the keyfobs are hard coded), but on my company Xsara Picasso you had to turn the key to the 'M' position in the ignition, and then press one of the buttons.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
steve18gls
My Cars:

Re: Help me!!! Central locking not working on my 307

Post by steve18gls »

Has the car battery under the bonnet been taken off or disconnected recently ?