Urgent help needed witha 206 hdi alternator change

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

imperial21
My Cars:

Urgent help needed witha 206 hdi alternator change

Post by imperial21 »

Hi
Its been a while since i was last on, I have offered to help out and replace an alternator on 2003 206 hdi, It seems a nightmare !!! I started by removing the belt but i am stuck on removing the power steering pump and thats before i even try removing the alternator !!! there is nt much space.
I have removed the the bottom bolt from the pump, and one allen key bolt through the pulley, i have a horrible feeling there is another bolt at the bottom of the pulley ? surely there is an easier way ? i have the replacement alternator but i am thinking this looks awful !!!!!!!!!!!
1999 Xantia exclusive 110BHP !! Now RIP !!
2002 C5 estate 110 hdi, Happily sold on !!!
citronut
My Cars:

Re: Urgent help needed witha 206 hdi alternator change

Post by citronut »

i did an alternator on a petrol Picasso a couple of months back, i thought i'd be able to drop it out through the bottom after removing the oil filter, but no way would it come past the oil filter mounting stub,

i ended up removing the steering pump which from memory there are three fixing bolts, two through the pulley and one at the back/other end of the pump,
i just looked on pug service box at a 1.6 HDI and that shows three bolts like the Picasso
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
imperial21
My Cars:

Re: Urgent help needed witha 206 hdi alternator change

Post by imperial21 »

Job done ! What C**P job ! I had to remove the headlight, undo engine mount etc , The alternator was bad for access and even worse to remove ! There is no room in the engine bay with the HDI ! Worst alternator i have changed !!
I am sticking with renaults !!!
1999 Xantia exclusive 110BHP !! Now RIP !!
2002 C5 estate 110 hdi, Happily sold on !!!