Need help here with 405

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Miadnima
New User

Need help here with 405

Post by Miadnima »

Hello all,

Approximately I viewed thw whole forum but unfortunately could not find a solution for my problem, the problem is with the unstable condition of the car when the accelarating pedal is released, as soon as I stop pushing the pedal and take my foot off the car losses it's control and kicks like an animal , this condition is doubled while the compressor of air conditioning system is turned on, I have done many thing to solve this problem but haven't succeed, also stepper motor is new , any comments over this irritating problem ?

Thankx in advance,
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: Need help here with 405

Post by Peter.N. »

Petrol or diesel? Ah I see 'stepper motor' that suggests its petrol. Check the top engine mounting.

Peter
Miadnima
New User

Post by Miadnima »

Dear Peter,
The top engine mounting is checked and is fine, any other suggestions ? Guys this problem is really irritating , I don't dare to relaese the pedal suddendly , I must control the car by clutching!! Please help me . Waiting to hear from u all.

Thankx in advance,
Mi'ad
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Difficult to say, but if things are worse with the AC on, then I would look to see if one of the pulleys, or the alternator or PAS pump are partially seized, causing a sudden retardation in engine speed. Unless something is causing the engine to try and stall?
Richard W