806 2.0 Auto Gearbox fault?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

milly

806 2.0 Auto Gearbox fault?

Post by milly »

Hi all,

I hope you can help on the above 02 model.

I parked the car up one night in the week went to sleep in the back woke ( camping with kids) up in the morning and when hitched up the trailer it went into limp mode.
The car was left in neutral so I had not noticed the problem straight away ( buzzer bleeped to let me know it was in neutral )
I had a fault couple years ago with it and had valve block replaced.
I carried on homeward and it was not till I put it into park I found I could not get it out and also noticed the click of the solanoid did not happen when pushing the brake pedal,
so I lifted off facia arround gear lever and depressed the solanoid manually so I could get the gear lever out of park and carry on home.
I got the 200 miles home picking my route wisely due to the mountain hills of Wales.

The gearbox has not performed in any wierd ways at all till that morning selections been good unlike the time before I had the valve block replaced when it was all over the place.
I got another auto box computer from someone to try seeing if that might help and replaced that behind the ecu but box performance remained the same.
I am hoping its a electrical problem and not box as on limited funds
The box selects netral and reverse fine and drives in the limp mode fine
I hope someone can help me with this problem
many thanks
Milly
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Arewethereyetarewethereyetarewethereyetarewethereyet

Post by addo »

As you say, it does sound electrical. Can anyone put it on a diagnostic machine (either Diagbox or Peugeot Planet) for you?
milly

Re: 806 2.0 Auto Gearbox fault?

Post by milly »

The mechanic over the garage has diagnostic programs but not sure if compatable with the 806
Thanks for your input I shall catch up with him later tomorrow.

Milly
milly

Post by milly »

Problem solved, I explained the problem, so he said it was not there till you hitched the trailer up to come home? I said no, he said your brake lights working I checked and no they did not.
He asked where the fuse box was I showed him the one under the glove box got his probe out said fuse number 3 naff, replaced that and off it went all working fine. If there is a section to put this tip in to check I think it needs to be done.
One other problem which happened today coil pack went so off to Ivor the Fiver ( scrappy) obtained another and bingo all worky again :-D
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Useful information.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!