106 TUD, Sump Draining

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

106 TUD, Sump Draining

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

this seems like a really ridiculous question but....

...how the heck do you get all the oil out of the 106 TUD [that's the 1.5 Diesel] sump at change time?!

My step-daughter's had two of them, both the same spec; and most recently I removed the sump plug and left it out for 19 hours; and it was clear from the amount of oil needed to refill it, and its colour on the dipstick that I'd far from got it all.

This is the same car, that like its predecessor would only give you a dipstick reading you could trust having stood overnight on level ground (not jacked).

Its changed every 8k with a reasonable quality semi-synth

I can change an engine, a clutch, a complete front end; but I can't get all the oil out of a 106 TUD sump !!! Weird.... :-D
Puxa
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: 106 TUD, Sump Draining

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Well, when I had a Peugeot Partner 1.6HDi company van the fleet mechanic would jack up the nearside by a very long way to assist getting as much of the old oil as possible. Mind you, the sump drain hole is recessed on these engines.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

thanks Razor, I'll have a look at whether this looks like the way to go on the 106 next time I see my s'daughter.

We're fairly local by the way, if you ever want semi-skilled assistance, in a 'barter' for use of welding gear; do shout. I used to live in Reading and now live 45mins from you. Similarly anyone else who's local and has welding gear.

My 'workshop' is the kerbside so its not practical for me to buy my own welding stuff

Mods... is there anywhere I can post a 'barter' request such as this? maybe with photos to show some of my previous successful spannering's? I've time, but not money.
Puxa
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur wrote: Mods... is there anywhere I can post a 'barter' request such as this? maybe with photos to show some of my previous successful spannering's? I've time, but not money.
I imagine the "For Sale & Wanted" forum is as good as any.
Only downside with that is that any unanswered threads there are auto-purged after a set period of 90 days IIRC.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

You should check which side the sump plug is on (obviously) before jacking the car up. On the van it is on the offside, hence raising the nearside to silly levels!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!