peugeot 206 1.4 hdi gearbox help pleased!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Don't know any decent indies? Most of the time if it hasn't lost any gears or making huge graunches with every rotation you can get away with a bearing and seal kit.

A used gearbox is now 14 years old -what's to say it will be much better?
shaun1971

Re: peugeot 206 1.4 hdi gearbox help pleased!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by shaun1971 »

The gearbox is good no lost of gears no crunchiness just the noise of wineing in 3rd 4th and 5th when you take your foot off the gas the wineing seams to stop until you put you foot back on the gas
shaun1971

Post by shaun1971 »

If it is the bearing and seal kit what it like to change
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

The front bearing isn't too bad, it's little more than is done with a clutch replacement. To do the lot, you do have to strip it all down but it's quite a simple 'box.

So, yes - I'd seriously look at getting some bearings through it. A whole kit is about £120, add a day's labour, cross your fingers for the clutch to be OK and you will come out fine.
flying clutchman
My Cars:

Post by flying clutchman »

If the noise is in the higher gears then it's road speed that's affecting it. That means the bearing that's knacked is the one behind the pinion on the end of the mainshaft. Unfortunately this is a major strip down job. MA gearboxes are plentiful, but do come in different varieties. The 206 1.4 HDi is quite a rare variant. A 207/307 HDi box MIGHT fit. You need to check the slave cylinder fitting and also the gear linkage, as the 207 uses cables not linkage. The arms are pinned externally though so you can usually swap them. Whoever told you fiesta gearboxes will fit is talking b**********ks though.