fans not working correctly

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

topher
New User

fans not working correctly

Post by topher »

306 estate 1.8 16v with working a/c on an X only 63400 on the clock
Hi all,

I hope someone can steer me in the right direction to resolve this problem.

I have notice when in traffic the temp gauge gets almost to the red, then only one of the fans cut in at high speed. Engine temp is fine when driving on open roads.

I have checked all of the fuses and relays. Fuse are intacked and the relays make a nice click when 12v is put across them. I also checked if i get a connection to the other pins on the relays, i do. I have changed the brown and the green temp sensors. If i unplug the brown one i get one fan on all of the time (drivers side) if i plug the brown back on and turn in the ac i get the same fan popping on and off every 30secs or so.

I have also removed the fan relays and wired across the supplies from the relay sockets and can get the passenger side fan to come on, both fans to come on and at different speeds.

I have removed the bitron box (ppe-gf10 9633609780 cctup5/bvm2) can this be the problem? can i test this at all? what should i be getting at the pins?

could this be down to a broken wire? or more doom and gloom is it going to be the ecu?

Any help would be great
Clogzz
My Cars:

Re: fans not working correctly

Post by Clogzz »

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=31403" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
topher
New User

Re: fans not working correctly

Post by topher »

Thank for the schematics but i already have been using them to get me to this point. I was just hopeing someone else had had this problem. I'm not looking forward to tracing wires,removing fan units :cry: