ecu/bsi heeeeeeeelllllllllllp!!!!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mycardrivesme
New User

ecu/bsi heeeeeeeelllllllllllp!!!!

Post by mycardrivesme »

Hi everyone, the car I'm having probs with atm is a Peugeot 106 gti 2002 1.6 16v. I unintentionally locked my ecu (grrrrrrrr) car would not start, fuel pump would not prime, coil pack would not spark and injectors would not 'squirt'. I called my local mechanic who plugged in his diagnostic machine which could not communicate with my car (well it is French...) he stated I need a new ecu, transponder and key set all from the same donor car. I spent days looking for this but to no avail, so instead I convinced my girlfriend to let me buy a new engine (with awesome cams and pulleys...) with full wiring loom and 'unlocked' ecu. I swapped the engines over, and the front loom - plugged in the supposed 'unlocked' ecu and now the fuel pump primes but still no damn spark (or squirt)!! I messaged the guy I bought the engine etc. from, and he asked if I'd plugged in my original bsi box, which I had, and he said that means I've relocked the ecu.... is that even possible? Or has he sold me a standard ecu?
I've tried researching bsis and ecus etc, but can't find a proper answer - if you buy an unlocked ecu, do you need the matching bsi box or not?
If anyone has been in this situation before or knows anything about it please help me before I smaaaaaaash it up...
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: ecu/bsi heeeeeeeelllllllllllp!!!!

Post by wheeler »

Firstly 106's don't have BSI's so I assume you mean the immobiliser control box ? Have you tried unlupgging it again ?
The non techie way of unlocking a 106 ECU is to just unplug the immobiliser box when the ECU is unlocked with the correct key chip, if you leave the box unplugged the ECU will stay unlocked (similar to the keypad immobilisers). However it sounds very feasible that if you pugged a non matching ECU & immobiliser box together the ECU would lock again.
Gibbo_Wirral
My Cars: Peugeot 206 Sport 2L HDI

Re: ecu/bsi heeeeeeeelllllllllllp!!!!

Post by Gibbo_Wirral »

What diagnostic machine did your mechanic use? I certainly wouldn't be willing to take advice on replacing all those parts if his code reader wasn't Lexia and couldn't even communicate with the car.
Peugeot Planet Diagnostics: Wirral, Merseyside, Lancashire, Cheshire, North Wales