Fuel delivery/pump problem ECU?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jonnya
My Cars:

Fuel delivery/pump problem ECU?

Post by jonnya »

Hi all, I have a Peugeot 406s 2003 1.9 90bhp. The car was running great but descelerating on a roundabout it died. I friend hooked it up to a diagnostic tool which came back with fault code Error p1177 fuel flow delivery problem. Can anyone suggest an alternative solution as he said the ecu is not replaceable. Has anyone had experience of the same problem and found an alternative solution tracing back issues to find a fix for it? Can anyone tell me what options I have...Replacing the ecu is expensive, or possible? etc.

Thanks for your help, Jon
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: Fuel delivery/pump problem ECU?

Post by RichardW »

Jon - presume this is a 2.0 HDi? If it's a Bosch injection, then symptoms would fit with the low pressure fuel pump failing. Could be a cam belt failure....
Richard W
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i did a gooooogly search on that fault code and although the link below relates to a berlingo it all the same

http://www.justanswer.com/uk-car/3ltaa- ... ssure.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
jonnya
My Cars:

Post by jonnya »

Thanks for your responses...I had to take it to a garage...the fault codes were misleading...the cause of the issue were severed wires rubbing against metal directly behind the battery. My garage did a great job but took a while finding the needle in the haystack. Big expense saved i believe. Thanks again, Jon.