106 1.1 p2 running sweet to Not so!!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

106 1.1 p2 running sweet to Not so!!

Post by Timmo »

Hi all,
one of the mums lil 106's has decided to play up, oil, filter plugs service on Monday, breather pipes cleaned as Full of mayo, running Lovely, on the way out of town today owner said Couldn't believe How nicely it was going, and all of a sudden Bleurgh! bunny hopping, and missing like mad, she has got it home and ive been up the road to have a look, it starts fine and idles a little lumpy, but nothing unusual, but if you try and rev it you get the splutters, and occasional pop, will fire up with one lead disconnected on all cylinders although not so keen on running with Either of the left 2 as looking at it disco'd,

so, i am assuming its getting spark, its getting fuel otherwise it wouldn't run, it will rev up but misses badly as does so,
Could it be Plugs?? i have the old plugs form it still, would it be worth popping them back in?? Although if it was so, would it not have shown up in the past few days??

the plugs that came out were Peugeot ones and very worn down, the oil was Nasty thick gloop, the breathers were nearly blocked, i don't think it had been looked after before the mum got it,
the plugs were as recommended by ECP on the reg number,

any ideas???

ta muchly in advance.
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
Timmo
(Donor 2022)

Re: 106 1.1 p2 running sweet to Not so!!

Post by Timmo »

popped the old plugs back in and all was good again! sorted for now!

'58 C2 Code
Gibbo_Wirral
My Cars: Peugeot 206 Sport 2L HDI

Post by Gibbo_Wirral »

I've heard that the 206 is the same and doesn't like certain plugs. I think Beru are the recommended ones.
Peugeot Planet Diagnostics: Wirral, Merseyside, Lancashire, Cheshire, North Wales
Timmo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Timmo »

Yes, it seems that the bosch super's arnt so good, on a parts comparison site it has them listed as an indirect crossover of 5, i've suggested the ngk's that conme as a 9 on the scale, so hopefully that'll sort it, i've had it before on different engines with plugs doing the same! Pain in the bum!

'58 C2 Code