Talbot Samba Ownership....?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

BGAston87
My Cars:

Talbot Samba Ownership....?

Post by BGAston87 »

Hi All!

I have just taken delivery of a 1984 Cherry Red Samba Cabriolet in pretty immaculate (if not complete) condition. I was really wondering if there is a forum on her specific to Talbot or if you would hold it under the Peugeot umbrella. I'm really interested in any information people may have on spares and any helpful mods people have found for the car.
I guess I should tell you more about Ernie (he belonged to my Cousin and this was what she called him)..
Apart from being a red cabriolet he has the 1.4 engine with a single silex carb fitted. Red carpets, a newish beige hood that doesn't fit very well, a flappy unlock able bootlid and boss eyed headlamps. I've already sorted out bumpers by cutting down some plastic ones from a hatch so they take the form of the metal ones intended for it.. The metal ones had gone past saving. He's brilliant and I intend to have him on the road by summer for some nice drives out on the coast.. Should be good fun! I'll post some pictures when I know where to put them :-D

Ben
1996 Citroen Xantia LX Estate 1.9td "The Vantia" - Getting better (and worse) with every turn of the wheel.
1984 Tablot Samba Cabriolet 1.4 "Ernie" - Picking him up this weekend
1992 Toyota Corolla GL Executive 1.6 16v - Mum's Showroom Riceburner
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Talbot Samba Ownership....?

Post by myglaren »

May be worth starting a dedicated thread on your Samba in "Blogs & Galleries" Ben.

There is no Talbot specific section unfortunately and if I am not mistaken you are the only member in possession of one currently although I think there is a Tagora owner among us.

It might also be worth subscribing to autoshite which is somewhat more rambunctious than this forum but very useful and entertaining as well as hilariously funny as often as not.
citronut
My Cars:

Re: Talbot Samba Ownership....?

Post by citronut »

i know the link below is not Talbot specific but there are lots of similarities between the Samba and LN/A and engine wise the Visa

http://visaforum.freeforums.org/ucp.php?mode=login" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or on doing a goooogly search this came up

http://www.simcatalbotclub.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you might also like this

Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years