Peugeot 607 guidance

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Crsdys

Peugeot 607 guidance

Post by Crsdys »

Hi, I am after a little advice, I am thinking of buying a 607 automatic Hdi 2.2 on 53 plate, it has a great spec, leather, sat nav, electric seats etc, but has 175000 on the clock, the car has full service history though. Could anyone help in pointing out what should be found in this history to ensure it has been looked after e. G belts, dpf, transmission fluid, eylois fluid. And finally if there is any specific things to check when viewing /test drive , as I am new to auto gearboxes. Thanks in advance. Chris
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: Peugeot 607 guidance

Post by Peter.N. »

Providing it has been regularly serviced the mileage shouldn't be a problem for the engine, I have never had an auto box and never will so can't help you with that I'm afraid. If you like the car just take it on a good long drive and make sure everything works OK.

Peter
Gibbo_Wirral
My Cars: Peugeot 206 Sport 2L HDI

Re: Peugeot 607 guidance

Post by Gibbo_Wirral »

You could always ask a member who has Peugeot Planet to come along and give it a diagnostic. The BSI stores all faults, so even if someone has used a tool to take off a fault light, you can see.

If also checks all lights and key engine components.
Peugeot Planet Diagnostics: Wirral, Merseyside, Lancashire, Cheshire, North Wales