306 HDI Won't Stop + Battery Drain

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rd070707

306 HDI Won't Stop + Battery Drain

Post by rd070707 »

Hi guys in massive need of help, ive got a 2.0 hdi 306 that suddenly cut out and would not start again. All power was gone, lights dim relays clicking etc. So I got a new battery for it and hey presto started first time, but, It wouldnt stop with the key. When i turn the car off the engine just keeps running.

I can hear the LP pump running all the time too which causes a whine from the fuel filter housing area.

The next problem was that the new battery was also dead after 1 day. So I charged it up and put it back in and tested the voltage. It immediately plumits and is not being charged at all with the engine running.

I am assuming that the fact the car is running on is causing the battery drain somehow but in need of help as to where to begin finding the culprit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: 306 HDI Won't Stop + Battery Drain

Post by Peter.N. »

The fact that it won't stop is probably something electronic, a faulty HP pump pressure regulator will make it run on but it stops eventually. I think you will need a lexia on it.

If its not charging I would think that is a separate fault, does the charge light come on with the ignition and go out when you start it? There is a possibility that the not stopping fault could be connected with low battery voltage so I would get the charging circuit sorted out first.

Peter