106 airbag fault

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

imperial21
My Cars:

106 airbag fault

Post by imperial21 »

Bit of a long winded one this !
I just got a 2001 106 Independence and i found the fuel and rev counter didnt work so i swapped the instrument clusters over then found the airbag light on ](*,) so i inspected the old cluster more and found the light place had been covered with tape and the led snapped off !!
I have plugged in my code reader and it come up with a pre tensioner fault looking at them one of the stalks is longer so i will guess it has fired off, if i replace that with a good one will that put the light out or will i have to have the ecu re programmed ?
1999 Xantia exclusive 110BHP !! Now RIP !!
2002 C5 estate 110 hdi, Happily sold on !!!
Oldpug
My Cars: Peugeot 406 GLX
Audi A3 TFSI S Line
Mercedes SL320
(In the past,just about every old Peugeot you can think of.)

Re: 106 airbag fault

Post by Oldpug »

Sounds fishy? if the seat belt has gone off the air bag may have gone off also? sensors at the front? car in a crash that sort of agro.That`s why the warning light was disabled ??
The simple answer to your question is yes,after you have replaced the stalk the fault code has to be cleared and the ECU reset.
Gibbo_Wirral
My Cars: Peugeot 206 Sport 2L HDI

Re: 106 airbag fault

Post by Gibbo_Wirral »

I bet they've tried to repair it by replacing the part, not realising you have to have the crash data reset on the airbag ECU. I went to look at a 307 that was like this - minor shunt, airbags went off and were replaced but still showing faults on screen.

There are companies that offer their services on Ebay, £25 for crash data reset.
Peugeot Planet Diagnostics: Wirral, Merseyside, Lancashire, Cheshire, North Wales