405 Headlights

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

405 Headlights

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

I have a new pair of headlights for my 405 following a smash

Does anyone know whether or not the 'Twin' lights from an upmarket 405 with electrical dip facility will be suitable for my 405 which was fitted with singles and DOESN'T have the electrical dip. Having taken the connector plugs and interior switch from the donor car, there's no wiring in my loom for it.

Also I need a NS lens for the 'Twin' and a pair of gaskets
OR a nearside headlight body only with good / reasonable silvering for a 'Single' (complete light also considered)

Specially between Jn16 M4 and London, which is a route I'll be taking next week
Puxa
evilally
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Re: 405 Headlights

Post by evilally »

I don't have the answer, but would be curious to know! Personally I'd buy new, they often pop up on ebay for not a lot of money. The reflectors on mine picked up a lot of tarnishing, and second hand ones I looked at were much the same. The light output was significantly impaired, the new ones made a big difference.
'96 405 1.6 GLX with 306 GTI engine on Cat cams @ 195bhp

'05 RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup, 102k

'97 406 1.9TD, 314k.
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

looks like I'm not going to find out Evilally. I found a single in the end from a very helpful breaker in Worksop on Ebay for £20 delivered

But everso glad that someone's keeping a 405D, too many save-able cars being scrapped.

Euro Parts do a complete single for £23, its probably got the sort of quality of silvering that you'd expect at that price but if you're willing to take the chance....

A friend of mine close by has a lot of 405 stuff, some of which he can find; some (like NS headlights) he can't; so let me know if I can be of any assistance, we'll be up your way in the old girl (our camper and true multi-purpose vehicle) in June
Puxa
soshianet_2009
New User

Post by soshianet_2009 »

hi guys
this my car:

need double reflector headlights (valeo) with electirc control
Find be?