pp2000- 2002 307

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dkn5000

pp2000- 2002 307

Post by dkn5000 »

I got a clone of the diagnostic tools and software. I installed and activated it no trouble and the computer recognises the diagnostic tool
but when i have it connected and click on the 307 model it tells me it cant communicate with the car then it asks me whether its 307 van or can- Which is my car?
I tried can and it asked for the vin number, which i inputed from the log book. I ran a the global option and most of the ecu's didnt respond (except the engine and power steering which showed faults. It was getting dark so I gave up for today

Can anyone see what im doing wrong from this- I'm hoping i can fix the abs fault and get the speedo working again.
dkn5000

Re: pp2000- 2002 307

Post by dkn5000 »

figured it out, used the van option. I found the fault- two intermittent faults on the back speed sensors (cohesion) and one permanent fault on the front left speed sensor (open circuit...) the back faults (im hoping) are just because the gap is too big between the sensors and the rings, so ill adjust that later.
I cleared the faults and took it on a short test drive and everything was fine, even the speedo started working again (that was another fault i cleared) but it all came back on again.
i unplugged the opposite front right sensor to test if the software would pick it up and the exact same fault came up on both sides.
So I'm hoping a new left front sensor will cure the problem- anyone had the exact same problem?

The connector and pp2000 software is an absolute pig to install and get working (dont have a laptop with xp so I've got an old desktop rigged up on the back seat which makes it even more awkward) but it seems to be working fine.
Gibbo_Wirral
My Cars: Peugeot 206 Sport 2L HDI

Post by Gibbo_Wirral »

It all depends on the quality of the software. For Planet I've found this guide faultless:

http://nwex.co.uk/downloads/peugeot/planet/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Providing you're using the 22.14 ISO and then the patch to take it to 24.29

For Diagbox, the 7.02 patched ISO is equally painless, just remember to disable the firewall and anti virus on your PC before you start.

Then install the half a dozen or so patches to take it to 7.34.

But its more about finding a trusted member of the community with the "good" software rather than the rubbish bundled on a disc with Lexia by some Ebay sellers.
Peugeot Planet Diagnostics: Wirral, Merseyside, Lancashire, Cheshire, North Wales
dkn5000

Post by dkn5000 »

Thanks- Gibbo. After finally getting the software to work everything is sorted now. reset the clearances on the back speed sensors and replaced the front left, cleared all the faults and everything is working- even the ABS, which is a minor miracle. There was an engine fault, the flowmeter, but i discovered one of the hoseclips was lose and it was drawing in air. gonna see if tightening that has sorted it or not tommorow