Peugeot Partner engine swap - warning lights

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bertiewhite

Peugeot Partner engine swap - warning lights

Post by bertiewhite »

Right here's a weird one so please bear with me.

I bought my 2002 1.9D Partner van off good old ebay a year ago for a song and absolutely love it. I got it cheap because the seller said that the engine had been replaced with a later engine from a Berlingo (XUD) and that there were a few minor dashboard issues (probably due to a mismatch with the wiring). These were -

1. fuel gauge overreads by about a quarter (but the low level light comes on when it should and gives me a good indication of when it's time to fill up)
2. the engine temp gauge reads full scale - an aftermarket gauge was fitted by the previous owner and reads fine
3. the rev counter desn't work at all

These issues don't bother me at all and the van runs fine, doing everything I ask it to do. The trouble is, the engine STOP light constantly flashes and the orange engine light is always on. Again this doesn't really bother me as the van runs fine and I got it cheap but I know the MOT tester isn't going to like the warning lights and it would be nice to get another year's ticket on the van as it's such a great workhorse.

Now here's something that got me thinking about the possibility of a fix - ONCE (just once), a couple of weeks ago one early cold morning I drove to work and noticed that the warning lights were extinguished and the temp gauge indicated normal. It took me a while to notice all this so when I got to work I turned the ignition off and on again but the old situation had returned and lights/gauges were as previously described.

What I am wondering is - has anybody else replaced an engine and had the same issues? Is all this down to a common issue such as the ECU or is it actually down to the mismatching of the wiring looms as claimed by the seller? The fact that for one journey, everything seemed to be normal seems a bit weird and maybe, just maybe a simple fix is possible?
bertiewhite

Re: Peugeot Partner engine swap - warning lights

Post by bertiewhite »

After a bit more digging on the net it seems something called a BSI can cause these or similar symptoms. How can I tell if my 2002 partner has one or not?
citronut
My Cars:

Re: Peugeot Partner engine swap - warning lights

Post by citronut »

have you had the van hitched up to a DIS-LEXIA,

if not view the link below with a location map of members who on them on here

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=29178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years