Peugeot expert not starting

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ronniecabers

Peugeot expert not starting

Post by ronniecabers »

Hi all,

First post , so please be gentle!

Got a Peugeot Expert on a Y plate ( 2001 , 20.Hdi) . Needed to change the engine due to previous owner running van with an impeller missing from the waterpump, sorted that but 2 weeks later snapped rocker and valve. Guessing it snapped due to excessive overheating, so took no changes and order a secondhand engine without fuel system ( no injectors or hp fuel pump etc, basically , just block and head! ) Have got the engine back in and before rebuilding front end , wanted to check if it started, so currently up on axle stands!. Anyway van will turn over but won't actually start. Have tried direct from a can, easistart and resetting the fuel cut off, but the van just won't start ( also sounds like I have blow back up injector number 1 , but can't actually feel anything ). Tow starting isn't an option , as need to change lower wishbones at same time and currently haven't reconnected all the gubbins ( driveshafts etc ) because if the engine needs to come out i don't want to damage the wishbones.

Checked all fuses , and all OK, anyone got any ideas , as currently pulling my hair out!
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Peugeot expert not starting

Post by spider »

The injectors and pump are not coded, that's all held in the BSi so it should be OK.

It may be a low fuel pressure concern, the best course of action is to have it plugged into a Lexia (Peugeot Planet) and read the codes out.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
ronniecabers

Post by ronniecabers »

Hi,

Cheers for the reply, understand abot the low fuel pressure, but why wouldn't it fire on Easistart? Are these vans known for any wiring issues?

Don't have access to Lexia so at the moment not an option, and van currently not starting ( and front end in bits ) means I can't take it anywhere!

Cheers
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I believe that, if the fuel pressure is too low (IIRC it needs to be at least 200bar) then the ECU won't try to start the engine. I am not certain of this, as I have only read it on the forum.

Page 15 of this post, at the bottom;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... ar#p392691" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

ronniecabers wrote: why wouldn't it fire on Easistart?
If its not even kicking on easy start then either there is a blockage In the air intake of there is no compression in the engine. Have you double checked the timing in the engine ?
ronniecabers

Post by ronniecabers »

I have turned the engine by hand to check nothing is ' connecting ' and all appears fine, pretty sure is right otherwise woldn't something ' connect ' ?