more expert brake woes.

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

more expert brake woes.

Post by daviemck2006 »

Hi. The last problem of the experts brakes being stiff to apply and not coming off was relieved by spraying copious amounts of wd and then silicon grease over the linkage down back of engine. Now though the pedal is stiff again, absolutely no feel to brakes and fluid has needed topped up a few times. There is no signs of fluid leaking out anywhere. There is oil dropping on road but that is steering fluid and will keep on leaking until MOT time next april. However the brakes need fixing now. If there is no leaks to be found, would that mean the fluid is leaking past the seal on the master cylinder, and it is full then giving a poor pedal? Would replacing the master cylinder hopefully fix it? Would the servo also be knacked? I really dont know, and cant get a BOL of lies for this, but can get a manual on CD. would manual on CD be worth buying? I'm close to biting the bullet and putting it into a garage, but the garage I have used forever and who I would trust and he was good has now closed due to the retirement of the owner and him demolishing it to build a house, so I now have to find a new garage, and I have a huge mistrust of all garages, except the mot one I use, but he only does mot's and no big repairs. I am a bit stuck just now.

Incidentally I got off with overfilling it of oil, first time I have ever done that, took some out, it's now on max mark and has stayed there since, and no longer blowing oil out of turbo intake. That could have been an engine run off with it running on its own oil and destroyed engine, so the new hose for less than a tenner is on and engine running like a train, and thinking about a tuning box that plugs in at the fuel rail, not so much for power but for economy. There are loads on the bay, starting at £45 IIRC going all the way up to over £200. Is the cheaper ones, still have 2 yr warranty worth it, or do you need a better one, and will they really make a difference running at 55 to 60 mph on the open road?
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: more expert brake woes.

Post by Peter.N. »

If the pedal is hard the servo wont be working but it could be due to failure of the vacuum pump, disconnect the hose from the servo and see if there is any vacuum.

I fitted a tuning box to my 2.2 Hdi C5, it cost about £60-70 and gave lots of power but didn't improve the economy which was why I fitted it, so I took it off again.

Peter