406 AL4 Gearbox

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

The Fixer

406 AL4 Gearbox

Post by The Fixer »

Work carried out:
Replaced the F3 Brake band - replaced Main pressure regulating solenoid and Converter pressure solenoid - replaced ATF filter.
Further to my last post, I have finally refitted the gearbox, there is a a slight leak of ATF from the Torque Converter, gee I hope it stops soon, otherwise out it comes again, and that's a bitch of a job.
Having adjusted the selector lever, the gears are selecting and I have 1st and 2nd gear again but reverse gear is slow to engage, went to the local Pug dealer, and they will adjust the "multifunction switch" something to do with the adaptive learning with the gearbox, they will also update the ECU as I replaced the two solenoids on the valve-body plus reset the Oil-wear counter.
They estimate that it should take 2 hours at $115.00 an hour, once this has been completed I will get a front wheel alignment.
Could not have even tried to do the above if it hadn't been for CitroJim, many many thanks Jim.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: 406 AL4 Gearbox

Post by spider »

Good to hear things are going well.

A Planet / Lexia (Diagbox in effect) will be a good investment as you'll be able to set the switch yourself as well as the oil wear. It will do everything apart from updating the ECU (as you'd need a connection to PSA for that)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG