Sounds bad...

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tris

Sounds bad...

Post by tris »

My sister came in crying last nite saying her car was making an awful noise ('89 pug 205grd) I wasn't goin out to look straight away cos it was raining!
Anyway, this morning I went to have a look, started her up, and then quickly off again.[:0] It sounded like somebody had stolen the exhaust manifold! On closer in ispection I found that I large bucket shaped object had come off the manifold leaving a great big hole there for exhaust gasses to leave from the wrong hole with great noise as you can imagine. It says in the haynes manual that this thing is called the "exhaust manifold resinator". But that is as far as it goes, no other mention of it. I cant see myself how its meant to be secured???? Anyone had their "resinator" fall off?? How do ya put it back on??
Regards,
Tristan
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

Have you still got the resonator, or is it laying on the road somewhere? As far as I remember, it's held on to the manifold studs by two spring loaded nuts.
benj
My Cars:

Post by benj »

I went to have a look, started her up, and then quickly off again.
i wouldnt worry mate your not going to do any damage, go scrappy and get another
benj
My Cars:

Post by benj »

poke around a scrappy and have a look how they fit on/come off!