Feature comparison of Partner Tepee vs Berlingo Multispace?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

howartp
New User

Feature comparison of Partner Tepee vs Berlingo Multispace?

Post by howartp »

Hi,

(This is more appropriate in a separate subforum across all three brands, not just the Peugeot, but couldn't see a suitable one so putting it here - feel free to move it or add a link (?) in the Citroen subforum)

I currently drive an '09 Kangoo Car but ready to replace it next month when the finance is cleared on it. My family has always been Renault, but now that the Kangoo Car is no longer available I started looking at alternatives including the Kangoo Crew Van and ZE, but mainly also other manufacturers.

I've narrowed it down on dimensions, seating and cost to the Partner Tepee (115 Outdoor) and Berlingo Multispace (115 XTR). I understand that these are "identical" cars with a different badge on the front, but that being the case I'm getting very frustrated with the brochures and price guides for both vehicles. I was therefore delighted when I came across this site which focusses on all three brands.

Two examples (based on the trims stated above) are the £150 Peugeot 'Family Pack' (Centre console, blinds and child mirror) which are standard on the Citroen, and the Peugeot Visibility Pack / Citroen Automatic Pack which both contain automatic lights and rain-sensing wipers, but the Citroen includes 'Automatic digital air con' (and is thus £280 more) whereas the Peugeot only has an 'athermic windscreen'.

Q1: Does anyone know of a comparison of the actual feature differences between the two 'identical' models, or is anyone able to give one?

Q2: Am I correct in assuming 'Automatic digital air con' is Climate Control by another name - I have this on the Kangoo and would like it again? If so, is this feature available anywhere on the Peugeot? Both brochures mention air con, but the only mention of it being automatic is in the Citroen Automatic pack.

Q3: The transverse bars (to clip onto the fixed longitudinal bars) and the internal roof rack are apparently no-cost options for Peugeot if ordered on a factory build (£297 otherwise), yet Citroen charge £245 for them either way - does anyone know if this is the case?

In terms of my local dealerships I prefer the Peugeot because it is handier for purchase and servicing, a number of colleagues and friends have recommended them, and I received much better customer service when I approached them - but I do want climate control, and the pack combinations on the Citroen fit my needs much better. However ultimately I'm seriously considering buying online (http://www.buyanewcaronline.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) which will save me £2,400 on the cost and (still confirming this) is a lower APR on the finance, thus which I buy doesn't completely rest on the dealer.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Peter
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Feature comparison of Partner Tepee vs Berlingo Multispa

Post by spider »

Climate control / digital ac are more or less the same thing, you have a temp display and choose the direction and temp and it should regulate it, compared to having dials and knobs (which may be electronic but not 'controlled')

I'm not sure regarding your other questions, I think the best idea is to pick a brochure up from each dealership and compare them at home etc.

The cars are made in the same factory and are about the same really only trim, equipment and badging differences mainly as you've noticed.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I would be inclined to read the test reports in Parkers Review, the Renaults have not been the best for reliability in the past, don't know if they have improved.

Peter
howartp
New User

Post by howartp »

spider wrote:Climate control / digital ac are more or less the same thing, you have a temp display and choose the direction and temp and it should regulate it, compared to having dials and knobs (which may be electronic but not 'controlled')
Thanks - I thought they must be. Just don't understand why Peugeot don't seem to do it - I'm registered on their forum so I'll double-check over there.
spider wrote:I'm not sure regarding your other questions, I think the best idea is to pick a brochure up from each dealership and compare them at home etc.
I've got all the brochures downloaded. Peugeots is next to useless; Citroens isn't bad. I'm used to the Renaults where you can categorically see what your car will have if you order x/y/z.
spider wrote:The cars are made in the same factory and are about the same really only trim, equipment and badging differences mainly as you've noticed.
Thanks; I expect the trim levels / options to differ, but surprised a core (under-the-bonnet, factory fit) option seems to be missing altogether on one mfr versus the other.
Peter.N. wrote:I would be inclined to read the test reports in Parkers Review, the Renaults have not been the best for reliability in the past, don't know if they have improved.

Peter
Yeah, I've always been aware of Renault's renown for rubbish cars - strangely myself, my father and my grandfather have never had a problem in this regard in 70 odd years of owning Renaults.

Peter