307 1.6 hdi hesitation

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

johntom

Re: 307 1.6 hdi hesitation

Post by johntom »

Hi
I have tested the resistance of the cap sensor at the plug near the fuel tank at 39 ohms, this doesn't vary if the cap is removed and both magnets are on the cap, so the sensor is faulty.

The codes and descriptions are from planet, when I google the codes I get different descriptions eg the turbo ones comes up with throttle pos sensor ?

Also is the turbo bypass valve the '4 branch air dosser'?
Thanks
johntom

Post by johntom »

Hi
Got more familiar with planet and found the actuator test amongst other things. I cleared all codes and took the car for a drive and it went better and smoother than our citroen C4 110 !

I re-read the codes after the test drive and just 3 returned:
P0401 EGR circuit air flow measured higher than the reference value - would that be because the EGR is now blanked off ?

P1351 pre post heater relay circuit relay controlled, spark plugs not supplied ?

And P2408 fuel cap sensor - new one ordered !

The codes showed as 47000km mileage now 70k - does this mean they were old faults that weren't cleared ?
Gibbo_Wirral
My Cars: Peugeot 206 Sport 2L HDI

Post by Gibbo_Wirral »

johntom wrote:P0401 EGR circuit air flow measured higher than the reference value - would that be because the EGR is now blanked off ?

P1351 pre post heater relay circuit relay controlled, spark plugs not supplied ?

And P2408 fuel cap sensor - new one ordered !

The codes showed as 47000km mileage now 70k - does this mean they were old faults that weren't cleared ?
P0401 - possibly. Some people have reported this comes up after a blanking, but it doesn't affect every car.

P1351 is glow plugs or relay. Change the plugs if you have no history when they were done, the glow plug relay is by the engine fuse box. Disconnect, clean and protect contacts with grease. Also check the electrical cable that supplies current to the plugs, that can corrode.
Peugeot Planet Diagnostics: Wirral, Merseyside, Lancashire, Cheshire, North Wales
johntom

Post by johntom »

Hi
I fitted the new fuel tank cap sensor last night and went to clear its code and found 2 more!
The car had been on a longish motorway journey earlier, the codes were p0299 and p0420.

What effect would not having had the cap sensor working on the Dpf ?

Somewhere in planet I found 'additive hasn't reached its minimum level' so I assume the fluid is still there and I tested the pump motor.
Gibbo_Wirral
My Cars: Peugeot 206 Sport 2L HDI

Post by Gibbo_Wirral »

johntom wrote:Hi
I fitted the new fuel tank cap sensor last night and went to clear its code and found 2 more!
The car had been on a longish motorway journey earlier, the codes were p0299 and p0420.

What effect would not having had the cap sensor working on the Dpf ?
Faulty cap sensor means it wouldn't detect a fill up and therefore won't inject the additive.

Not sure about the P0299 one but P0420 is cat related. It could be the sensors in the exhaust need cleaning.
Peugeot Planet Diagnostics: Wirral, Merseyside, Lancashire, Cheshire, North Wales
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

1st off, make sure that the vacuum operated rod on the turbo is pulling all the way down when the engine is running. (get someone to start the car whilst you watch it). This shuts the waste gate, and will cause the car to be poor if it doesn't work correctly. Also take the large pipe off the turbo inlet & check that the turbo is not worn excessively, as this is also common.
You could do with checking if the dpf is blocked by observing the pressure readings on Planet. Give it a rev at about 2K whilst you watch the readings, they should not exceed 60 no matter how hard you rev it.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami