Driver side door loom

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Welshy_Pete
My Cars: 306 hdi 1999 + 306 hdi 2000

Driver side door loom

Post by Welshy_Pete »

I want to get the driver side remote central locking working.

So I've checked my driver side door loom in the rubber cover part. I checked it and its been repaired before not very good either. So I went to look around the scrap yards for anther decent one there all broken to.

But I managed to get one from the scrap yard with just 4 wires broken. So its in better condition then my loom half the wires torn and warn etc.

I got 2 good spare rubber covers as well. I'm just thinking what's the best way to get the new loom back on with the rubber.

I've cut my original robber off now. Also the original loom I want to cut it out as its not very good.

306 hdi thanks.
citronut
My Cars:

Re: Driver side door loom

Post by citronut »

you can/could buy a repair section from Peugeot for around £70 quid,

it is the boddy side plug conector with a bunch of tails, plenty long enough to join them up behind the dash,

if/when making your joints/repairs with what you have, mind all joints are not in the door shut/rubber boot area,

i always cut and join extra sections of cable ( one at a time ) to make sure there are no joints in the shut area,

solder and shrink sleeve all repairs is the best connection
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

I have one of these looms in stock, that I wold sell for £50, if interested, it's brand new from Peugeot and cost me way more than £50
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
Welshy_Pete
My Cars: 306 hdi 1999 + 306 hdi 2000

Post by Welshy_Pete »

Lighty wrote:I have one of these looms in stock, that I wold sell for £50, if interested, it's brand new from Peugeot and cost me way more than £50
I will let you know if I need it thanks for that.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

If its the same plug as the Xsara you can buy replacement terminals for the plug (part number 6542R2) from the dealers for pennies & means you can make up new replacement wires.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I did one and had a hell of a time as I cut it all off in one go :( without realising the replacement would not match, so had several red wires etc, I had cut it at an angle which I was then able to work out what went where but I know better now.

I *think* with some dismantling under the dash its possible ot pull it into the footwell if its easier, although I guess it depends where its broken / if someone is around to help get the door off etc. I think it may be a lot of work to get the loom into the car.

Its a crying shame they did not fix this when they changed shape (in 97) as they were aware of it and could of put the plug / socket joint on the a pillar like other models so the 'break' if it still did would be just the door loom, pull it out and replace it , simple.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG