Foreign Breakers for Drivers Seat

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

Foreign Breakers for Drivers Seat

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

How practical is it to find a new Drivers Seat in a foreign breakers yard (which would be the front passenger seat in a LHD car) while I'm away?

Does anyone know about the existence or not of Breakers yards in Netherlands and NW Germany partic, do they have an equivalent type thing? I've got a trip away planned to Koln via Hook of Harwich

Car is a Pug 405 with the most common black flecked upholstery.

NB: also, does anybody know how practical it is to remove the raise / lower mechanism from the 405 drivers seat; I would hope that doing so would gain me a couple of inches; in particular would it require welding, which would make it a complete 'no no' if so (I don't have welding gear). Being tall, my line of sight is a little high for the 405 windscreen design; which is weird as I never had that issue with my 309; possibly coz of the absence of the raise/lower facility on that car.
Puxa
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

You can replace the height adjustment tracking with a regular set of tracks; c'est facile.

I suggest trying French breakers and surfing Leboncoin, however you will need some spoken French for the latter (emails almost never get returned; you need to call up the seller). If your car is UK assembled it may have different trim to French built cars.

FWIW my driver's seat was busted and I stripped it down, had the broken bits TIG welded and stiffened, then I reassembled it on the dining table with new hog rings and a new gusset fabric panel under the front lip (old one having rotted with age). All up I spent $220, and preserved the original trim and padding.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Foreign Breakers for Drivers Seat

Post by spider »

Addo's covered it really.

I did consider this too at one point for the 205.

The height adjuster if fitted could be swapped (Take rails off and move them)

Its the trim factor really. It may be easier to find a good matching passenger seat in your country that's already got the correct trim then fit it to the drivers side.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

Re: Foreign Breakers for Drivers Seat

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

Thanks guys, it hadn't occurred me to that a UK passenger seat could be made to fit, which 'll of course do away with the height adjuster all in one fell swoop.

Much appreciated :)
Puxa