rear shock absorber bush - pug 306 ??

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

creon

rear shock absorber bush - pug 306 ??

Post by creon »

so there is play in the passenger side rear shock absorber, what would my options be here.
replacement or could i change the bush granted the dampers are fine. i assume if changing the bushes they would need to be pressed in adding to the cost and that a new shock absorber would be just as convenient price wise.

i would rather change the shock but i want to save (scrimp) on a few quid to spend elsewhere on the car i.e front disc a pads. should i replace both sides at the same time?

also the spring on the drivers side rear, does this have any importance to the mot as of what i understand they are for stopping the brakes locking up.

last question - how do i understand which brake set up i have as the choice of pads is overwhelming.

car is a dw8 99 plate, seems to be a rarity more so with the bosch fuel pump!!

appreciate any answers, the car isnt too bad overall and parts seem to be reasonably cheap to keep it going.
citronut
My Cars:

Re: rear shock absorber bush - pug 306 ??

Post by citronut »

it is recommend you fit shockers in pair's,

trouble with attempting to fit just bush's is, you might not know if the shockers on the car are original,
and or what make/sized bush/s you would require,

if you send me the last 8 digits of your chassis/VIN No. i will get the OE part No.'s for the brakes pads/discs,

regarding the spring, do you mean the one on the compensator valve attached to the rear axle,

what it does is the more weight in the back of the car the more the back brakes come in
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
creon

Post by creon »

ive decided to fit a new pair of shocks, it shouldnt cost much and if i find the time im sure it will be straight forward after cracking open some nuts!

yeah well if you have the time for the part no vin is 32774492, much appreciated. its on top of the list along with the shocks.

and if it is the compensator valve then that explains why the spring isnt tensioned when ive noticed it, it just seems a bit worn.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

here is part No.'s and dimensions for front disc's,
looks like theres been a part No. change so try both of those No.'s with your factors

4246 A7

RP 4249 96
2 FRONT DISKS KIT, VENTILATED
DIAM 247 - EP 20,4

and front brake pads

4254 50

you can aim these No.'s at your motor factors who can cross ref them
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years