406 Executive Electric Mirrors & Seat Memory

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

colinfor

406 Executive Electric Mirrors & Seat Memory

Post by colinfor »

Having a bit of trouble with my mirrors. When I switch on the ignition both mirrors go through some sort of search sequence and take up the position they last occupied. Thats with the exception of the passenger mirror. It seems to make "positive" movements but never ends up in the same place.
After this "search", attempting to manually move the mirror, the mirror does move, but very very slowly. Maybe 5 minutes or so, to get it into a driveable position. Passenger mirror works ok.
I've had the mirror cover off and reseated the plug and checked for freedom of movement on the mirror gimbles. All seems fine.
Is there anything electrical that I can check ? Not sure how 3 wires can control 2 motors in 2 directions. Is there an ECU somewhere that isnt described in the manuals ?
Additionally, the seat memory does not appear to function. Not particularly bothered but wondered if it had something to do with the passenger mirror malfunctioning.
Seat Memory fuse is OK.
Any thoughts ?
colinfor

Post by colinfor »

Driving to work today, had a bit of a surprise. Could hear some beeps which seemed to be coincidental with my seat moving in all 3 axis !!! Where does the control box for the seat/mirror memory live ? Must be a dodgy connection. Didnt notice if the passenger mirror worked or not, too busy trying to concentrate on driving with the seat motoring me AWAY from the steering wheel !!!