1.6hdi something strange??

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Patriot1

1.6hdi something strange??

Post by Patriot1 »

Hi everybody, gotta bit of a problem with my uncles van. The turbo has gone due to oil starvation so I've replaced the cartridge assembly, only thing is the oil feed pipe is clear (removed banjo filter) in that I can blow easily down it with a finger over one side. I have removed the gauze filter from the pick up pipe in the sump and all is well until I cranked the engine over without starting it to check oil was coming through the feed pipe, when I cranked it over there was no oil so I took the pipe off at the engine end and tried cranking and still no oil pumping out of the block? Has anybody else had this as i presume this can be the only reason for turbo failure.. Thanks in advance for any replies
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: 1.6hdi something strange??

Post by spider »

Welcome.

Have a read of this topic > http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=42948" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Particularly this post > http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 48#p351498" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; see the links and the .pdf linked
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Patriot1

Re: 1.6hdi something strange??

Post by Patriot1 »

injector seals are fine and oil is new along with a new filter, i put the old bust turbo back on so i could run
the engine without the risk of damaging the new one and to see that oil would come out but still no oil
coming out the feed pipe hole in the engine block?
I took the oil filter out to see if oil was getting to it and it's as clean and dry as when i first put it in?
This makes me think that either the oil pump is bust or there is a blockage, thing is though the oil pick up pipe in the sump is clean and when i originally took the sump off it wasn't overly coked up.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Sheared or missing key for the oil pump drive gear?
Patriot1

Re:

Post by Patriot1 »

addo wrote:Sheared or missing key for the oil pump drive gear?
so possible oil pump failure then? how big a job to replace and would it involve removing the timing belt.