Selling 806 seats

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

PeterHunter
My Cars:

Selling 806 seats

Post by PeterHunter »

Hi all. I'm starting the process of converting my 806 into a camper van for one. The first job is to make some space. I'll keep the two front seats, but the rest will have to go. That's three in the middle row and two at the back. They are all in good condition, grey leather with cloth seat down the middle. I'm probably going to put them on eBay, but I've no idea of what sort of price to expect. Does anyone have any ideas? Also, if anyone has done this convention I'd appreciate any tips.
Cheers
Peter
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: Selling 806 seats

Post by Peter.N. »

Neither have I, it depends who is watching at the time. I use ebay quite a lot for both buying and selling, if selling I first check to see if anyone else has the same thing listed and see what it goes for. I have a car on there at the moment which has already reached the price I expected to get and it has another day to go, I may get more or I may not, just have to wait and see.

You will generally get a fair price as there are a lot of people looking but it depends of course how many people actually want what you are selling. If you want a quick sale start the item at 99p and it will reach its own level, if buy chance it doesn't make what you think its worth at least it saves you taking it to the tip.

Generally ebay is a good place to sell, its quick and with so many subscribers the price will be determined by market forces. If it doesn't make the price you would like on there it probably won't anywhere else either.

Peter
PeterHunter
My Cars:

Post by PeterHunter »

Hi Peter, thanks for the advice. I've never sold on eBay although I have bought stuff many times. I'm not too bothered about the price so I'll do as you suggested and look to see if others are selling first, to get an idea. I'd rather they went for 99p than take them to the tip, they're much too good for that.

Peter
Harlequin
Donor 2023
My Cars: Xantia Activa - one day I`ll own her again! Also miss my `old` 405 GLx4
2005 C5 3 Litre V6 Exclusive in Mauritius Blue and my 1997 Xantia Exclusive V6

Post by Harlequin »

dang ! a shame they`re grey leather! - am after a biege cloth seat for my synergie :(
Simon