Heater problem 806

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

Re: Heater problem 806

Post by citronut »

BE VERY CAREFULL when ordering this type of bulb in holders from the internet, as there are many different types of fitments,

you need to check also if the bulbs are cap less or if the are spot welded to there holders,

if you look at each side of the bulb/holder were the metal contacts are, you can see if the bulb tails are spot welded at the sides of the contacts,
if you cant see spot welds try pulling the bulb out of its holder, it should look like the ones in the links below,

or just googly and the bulbs you require are the very small ones, " 12v 1.2w cap less bulb " if the larger ones " 5w cap less bulbs "

if cap less look at the link below far cheaper ( £3.99 for 10 ) than the link Simon posted above

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CAPLESS-DASHBOA ... B0077T1GYQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or even cheaper

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/32088819 ... pla&crdt=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
PeterHunter
My Cars:

Post by PeterHunter »

Hi Malcolm,
They are indeed in white caps, but they pull out, making them cap less and identically to the ones I have ordered (and on your links). Considering the cost of these, if they turn out to be the wrong ones I haven't exactly lost a fortune, I'll just order some from elsewhere.
Cheers, Peter
Harlequin
Donor 2023
My Cars: Xantia Activa - one day I`ll own her again! Also miss my `old` 405 GLx4
2005 C5 3 Litre V6 Exclusive in Mauritius Blue and my 1997 Xantia Exclusive V6

Post by Harlequin »

did they arrive? is it working?
Simon
PeterHunter
My Cars:

Post by PeterHunter »

Yes and yes
Thanks, Peter
PeterHunter
My Cars:

Post by PeterHunter »

Oops. My mistake. Sorry Harlequin, the link you gave was for the wrong ones. It was the link that Malcolm (citronut) gave for the capless bulbs that was the correct link. These were under £2.50 for 10 with 1st class postage, and arrived the next day. Thanks for the link Malcolm. Everything is working ok now.
Cheers, Peter
Harlequin
Donor 2023
My Cars: Xantia Activa - one day I`ll own her again! Also miss my `old` 405 GLx4
2005 C5 3 Litre V6 Exclusive in Mauritius Blue and my 1997 Xantia Exclusive V6

Post by Harlequin »

aha! thats what i meant ; at least though they are working now (the important part)
Simon