306 hdi heated rear back window fuse

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Welshy_Pete
My Cars: 306 hdi 1999 + 306 hdi 2000

306 hdi heated rear back window fuse

Post by Welshy_Pete »

Hello on my 306 hdi the heated rear back window fuse keeps blowin.

There just a 15amp fuse in there which must be wrong. But Im sure its ment to be something else which is correct?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: 306 hdi heated rear back window fuse

Post by CitroJim »

Is the fuse blowing instantly with some vengeance Pete or is it going gently and lasting for a number of seconds?

The former means a short circuit and the latter it's either under-rated or the heater is drawing a little too much current.

I'd very much suspect a short due to failed wiring in the flexible concertinas between the body and tailgate. This is a very common problem in other PSA cars.. It is under constant stress from bending and suffers fatigue.

15A is about right for a heated rear window according to some quick research...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Take the trim off the hatch and check the rear wiper relay has not had a drink of rainwater or suchlike. Remove it if needed for a closer look.

Yes I *know* you said heated rear window, not wiper. :)

Might not be the issue, but this 'concern' on a 306 tends to sometimes knock out some of the instrument panel as well. Its worth looking though.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Welshy_Pete

Post by Welshy_Pete »

The electric window motor stopped working must be siezed up. So I took the motor off then the fuse has kept blowing since then.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I wonder if it is a broken loom although I do not recall of hearing a tailgate one breaking, although its known that the door ones are a common concern on an older car. They could of actually "fixed" this at shape change in 97 (I remember mentioning it at the time) but chose not to.

I don't think any supply for the HRW would run through the doors however I guess if it *always* blows you could unplug the doors plugs and see if it still does it.

If I remember correctly the multiplug for the rear end as such is on the right hand 'c' pillar area or possibly a bit further forwards maybe worth looking there / unplugging and checking to see if the 'rear' part of the loom is OK or shorted out.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Welshy_Pete

Post by Welshy_Pete »

Just been looking online and the Heated rear screen, heated mirrors. Rear screen demist (cabriolet) is the F27 30A

link
http://www.peugeotlogic.com/fuses/fuses ... elist7.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;