Electrochrome Rear Mirror!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Chris56000
My Cars:

Electrochrome Rear Mirror!

Post by Chris56000 »

Hi!

In these days of ever more wassocks who insist on tailgating you with those rotten HID xenon things shining full-beam at you, one of the reasons I wanted an Executive Spec 406 was for its Electrochrome automatic dipping mirror, and I was not pleased to discover this morning that mine had been stuck on the holder with a bit of blu-tack and the wires to it chopped off!!!

1) Is anybody breaking a 406 with one of these mirror assemblies or has a spare or even faulty one with a good housing I can rebuild mine into? PM me please if anyone can help - I'll pick it up ANYWHERE in the UK mainland!!!

2) Has anybody had these Donnelly Electrochrome mirror assemblies apart, and if so how was it done?

3) I have the full printed wiring manuals so reinstating the wiring's no problem for me!

Is there a demand for these things? Wassocks smashed the one out of my last 406 before the whole car was thieved from me so I've not got that one to use in it's replacement I'm now driving!!!

Chris Williams
citronut
My Cars:

Re: Electrochrome Rear Mirror!

Post by citronut »

i have a bran new OE morror without looking i cant remember what it fits or specifically what type of electricary mirror it is,

if you send me the last 8 digits of your chassis/VIN No. i will check and let you know
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
C5Alan
My Cars:

Post by C5Alan »

can these be retro fitted to a car would the wiring be there or do you lexia like everything else in a c5
2003 C5 2.0 HDi 110hp Exclusive only done 218,000miles so just about run in. Family owned from new. Now Sold

2002 Renault Scenic 1.9Dci 111,000miles the new work bus
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

C5Alan wrote:can these be retro fitted to a car would the wiring be there or do you lexia like everything else in a c5
I've not noticed the electochrome mirror on Lexia menu's so you probably don't need a Lexia to fit one as these mirrors don't have an ECU, just make sure you take an ignition feed to supply it otherwise you may end up with a flat battery every few days.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Chris56000
My Cars:

Post by Chris56000 »

Hi!

The wiring I can definitely help with!

These mirrors have three connections:-

a) White ign. controlled +12V fed from fuse 22 (lead B22A) in passenger fuse box in '406s, look up equivalent in your Citroen!
b) Grey to reverse-lamp supply (lead 220) from gearbox;
c) Black to earth (green/yellow M22A in '406s, may vary between Citroen models!)

The purpose of the Reverse-lamp supply is to automatically cancel the dipping when reverse-gear is selected - the wiring is as simple as that! The mirrors contain an LDR to sense dazzle from behind and a small amount of electronics to control the movement of the internal reflector - that's all!

To the Member who replied - I'll post the full VIN as soon as I can dig out my paperwork!

Chris Williams