406 hdi 90bhp 51 reg 290k bosch fuel system non start

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

coastline taxis

406 hdi 90bhp 51 reg 290k bosch fuel system non start

Post by coastline taxis »

Hi
Its normally citroens that is our cup of tea but this one came today and there more or less the same as a c5. So hear goes
put the ignition on and cant hear the pump going under the back seat to prime the system. so we have a pump multi plug connected to 12v power supply and we plugged this into the pump and still nothing.ok problem solved needs a intank pump so we put one on. car still wont start so we rechecked the work that was done and all was ok apart from one thing that we didnt fully check. When we checked the power supply to the pump with the multi meter we got a reading and decided it was ok. upon rechecking what we have is a permenant 12v going to the pump even with the key out ( so we are taking it that this is what killed the pump).
So we moved to the engine bay and the high pressure pump is constantly buzzing on what we belive to be the 3rd piston/deactivation solenoid again even when the key is out. ok time we got the diagnostic out and we got code p1164 fuel pressure high (snapon solus pro). Now if this was a c5 wed start testing the pressure regulator on the pump and the rail. But the pug isnt a c5 and while they share the basics but there are lot more differences than we 1st thought. Anyway we keep thinking that it could be the fuel control module that is built into the fuse box.
breif history is the car was running perfect and was parked up at 6.30 pm last night then wouldnt start at 9.30 this morning Weve checked wireing for breaksor shorts and everything fine also checked all fuses and again they are fine.
Any ideas or pointers
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: 406 hdi 90bhp 51 reg 290k bosch fuel system non start

Post by Peter.N. »

You really need to find someone with a Lexia/Planet code reader it will give you much more detailed information. There should be a list of owners on here somewhere, hopefully you will find one near you.

Peter
coastline taxis

ha ha ha weve got a lexia/pp in the corner somewhere will dig it out. weve been using solus pro or launch for over a year now and theyve always been able to diagnose the fault.
is there any common faults with these pugs that make the intank pump run all the time or any wiring/water faults. Also what are the symptoms of (what we think is) the fuel module on the fuse board going
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Have not come across anything like that on mine yet, only a duff HP diesel pump, I expect someone who has will be along shortly. You could try posting it in the Citroen section as well, I think more people read that.

Peter
coastline taxis

thanks posting now
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Locking this thread, please post any replies to the thread in the Citroen section - here.