Back To the Fold Again!!!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Chris56000
My Cars:

Back To the Fold Again!!!

Post by Chris56000 »

Hi!

Following my tale of woe about the 406 110 HDi Executive I had bits thieved from, vandalised and subsequently stolen altogether I'm pleased to report I'm now the owner of a replacement (the same!!!) that I found in Digbeth for £800 today!!!

It's another 406 110 HDi Executive, with quite a bit more on the clock unfortunately - 209k - and with a stone-chip on the bonnet, a broken glovebox lid and offside front foglight, but engine, clutch, gearbox and electrics-wise its absolutely fine!!!!

What do Members think - have I got a bad deal? I've never seen an one in Executrive Trim under £1200 before of any age!!!

Chris Williams

PS!!! Unlike my last one this replacement has the Factory Fit Sat-Nav as well!!!
407iain

Re: Back To the Fold Again!!!

Post by 407iain »

£800!
I sold my china blue 2001 406 saloon, 80k, mint body and interior. FSH, every reciept for bulbs/wipers, £700!
Not an exec but a minter!
2011 RCZ THP 200 GT
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Mine is a GLX but has the electric seats and satnav. I bought it a couple of years ago for £900.00 at 188,000 miles, its now done about 212,000 with very few repairs needed, the engine has been brilliant and is still good it will need a clutch/Dmf sometime in the future although having said that the clutch was at the top of its travel when I bought it and hasn't moved much but you can feel a slight vibration from the DMF when at about 50-60 mph when not under load.

When it does eventually need major surgery I will probably replace it with a later one, they are a brilliant car only lacking in the ride department when compared with the XM/C5.

Peter
Chris56000
My Cars:

Post by Chris56000 »

Hi!

The clutch on mine's pretty near the top but there's no judder or vibration from the DMF as far as I'm aware!

On another note, I've just discovered the alarm's demented - if I lock and then deadlock it the pesky thing starts wailing away after I've walked 200 yards from it!!! Is it a BSI reset or a Planet job?

My car came with the "Security Code" and "Key Number" on a sticker in the front cover of the Warranty Booklet - is this the same code as on the purple "Confidential Card" that Planet asks for to access special functions?

Chris Williams
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

Alarm? Didnt know mine had one :wink:
Chris56000
My Cars:

Post by Chris56000 »

Hi!
Alarm? Didnt know mine had one
Indeed they do - its shown in the Official Pugshot Printed Wiring Manuals (Turquoise Blue Cardboard Covers) but NOT the Green Book Of Fairy Tales!!!

Having said that, my previous one never uttered a cheep, which is probably why wassocks were able to break in to my first one and thieve bits out of it and vandalise it!!!

On another point, various Members have posted extracts from Wiring Diagrams on various places in this Forum which were colour-published - are these the styles used on the Peugeot Service Box Documentation?
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

Interesting. My book doesn't tell me about an auxilluary heater niether does the Haynes manual - but its got one :? I don't usually even lock my car - we live a couple of miles from the nearest main road and I don't think the average vandal would be prepared to drive down our very rough forest track - famous last words.

Peter