HELP! Antipollution Fault message on 206 1.4hdi

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

avamotor
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 307 1.4HD
Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD

HELP! Antipollution Fault message on 206 1.4hdi

Post by avamotor »

Dear Members of FCF,

Yesterday whilst travelling to work at about 6am (-4 degrees i might add) the display bleeped and a messaged appeared stating "Antipollution Fault" and the orange engine light appeared on the dash. I managed to get to work with no noticible lack of power etc.

This morning (-8 degrees) the same thing happened complete with loss of power 22 times trying to get my son to school and then trying to "nurse it" home, including stalling in the middle of junctions etc.

My first concern was what does this actually mean and what triggers it? is it a simple fix or should i wrap it up and give it the mother in law? :-D

tried looking on a couple of web sites to see what take others had on it but there was'nt anything consistent. Anything from new engine bay fuse box to battery clamps, dodgy cats, magnets, to dodgy supermarket fuel to sensors.

I have looked on service box and my car does'nt have a particulate filter, so that ruled out i put PP2000 on during darkness to determine the cars gripes and the only 3 error messages (1 old and 2 new) to pop up for the engine were:

1) Engine ECU, Permanent fault,. Pre heating relay circuit Spark plugs permanently supplied???? (Old fault, saw that too when I brought the car but never did anything as there arent and spark plugs)

2) Engine ECU, Permanent fault. Diesel high pressure regulation circuit, Pressure below reference value.

3) Engine ECU, Permanent fault. Diesel high pressure regulation circuit, Rail pressure below maximum pressure.

Is this a common thing to fail during -4 to -8 degrees or is it a early warning sign that the high pressure pump is in danger of failing soon? [-o<

Would someone please help point me in the right direction to rectify my car.

Thank you and Merry Christmas

Garry
avamotor
(Donor 2022)
Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD

Re: HELP! Antipollution Fault message on 206 1.4hdi

Post by avamotor »

BUMP!
407iain

Post by 407iain »

Mine had the spark plug/heating relay fault. Needed new plugs. Also did the heater relay too.
Im guessing the other two could point to pump/rail faults.
2011 RCZ THP 200 GT
avamotor
(Donor 2022)
Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD

Post by avamotor »

Thank you for the reply 407iain,

Please could I confirm if your "spark plug/heating relay fault" was fully cured after changing the glow plugs and the relay controlling the glow plugs? :?:

Currently swapped the diesel fuel filter, Air filter, i took off the EGR valve and pipe from the egr to air intake (which was clogged up along with the egr valve, now cleaned with carb cleaner and working!) double checked the fuel pipework sandwiched between the air filter box and rocker cover which identified a pinhole in the pipe running to the fuel filter. it seems to have worn through the webbing and pipe but temporarily i have made safe until I get a suitable replacement.

I then broke the air flow meter, which i replaced today, "nursed it" to the nearby BP garage just to make sure supermarket fuel isn't the fault and currently it drove to work and back problem free and the turbo works now!

I am concerned the car will still fail me but am going very careful, the temperature is warmer currently than when it failed initially during minus temperatures so the next few days may identify any flaws. Would software updates to the car remove the rather vague description in case its missing a "current" update or is it purely a Peugeot Dealer thing.

Thank you.

Garry.
407iain

Post by 407iain »

I changed the relay first as it is only a few quid and an easy job on a 407, turned out there was a broken heater plug. Bit of a bitch job but all 4 replaced and now no post/pre heat fault jobbie.
2011 RCZ THP 200 GT