Help.... 405 Problem

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Oldpug
My Cars: Peugeot 406 GLX
Audi A3 TFSI S Line
Mercedes SL320
(In the past,just about every old Peugeot you can think of.)

Re: Help.... 405 Problem

Post by Oldpug »

Sounds like a blocked heater matrix?? but try simple stuff first like a new stat and system flush.Also I`ve had the heater flap motors play up?? stand on your head by the clutch pedal (I`m serious lads) pull the side panel off and look up for a black box on the heater casing with a wire & plug.With the ignition on move the dash control from hot to cold to see if the lever goes through its full travel?may be its stuck? the dash control is in "hot" but the heater flap is not.
The series one 405 matrix job was a simple 2hr job with the glove box removed,the series two is a nightmare 8hr dash off job!! why do Peugeot do this??
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

The later dash was to prevent rattles as its more or less a one-piece assembly compared to the 'parts' of the earlier one.

I was told once it was unbolted it was possible to jack it up enough to get the matrix / box out although I've never tried that. Thoughts of cable stretch and other horrors etc.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Oldpug
My Cars: Peugeot 406 GLX
Audi A3 TFSI S Line
Mercedes SL320
(In the past,just about every old Peugeot you can think of.)

Post by Oldpug »

spider wrote:The later dash was to prevent rattles as its more or less a one-piece assembly compared to the 'parts' of the earlier one.

I was told once it was unbolted it was possible to jack it up enough to get the matrix / box out although I've never tried that. Thoughts of cable stretch and other horrors etc.
That`s the way,I get someone to lift it up on the near side while I swop the matrix.You still have to take the dash and interior apart though,and there is a "secret" bolt in the middle after removing all the heater controls,if you forget this you can rip the trap nut out of the heater casing!!and the dash will not go back.
mozzy

Re:

Post by mozzy »

addo wrote:I'm an accredited nail installation consultant, also sometimes known as an architect's labourer.

ah i see lol, im an engineer, and one of the tools i often fix are paslodes, generally the im350 first fix , most commonly snapped piston shafts