central locking

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

martyn48

central locking

Post by martyn48 »

hi ive just bought a 306 cab and ive just joined the forum the central locking works off the key but not off the remote i have fitted a new battery in the remote but still not working somebody has told me it could be the ultra sonic receiver thats at fault does anybody no were this is i have had a look behing the plastic cover near the interior light but there is nothing there ..thanks martyn
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: central locking

Post by spider »

Welcome.

What age is the car ?

Do you have a led in the key or not ?

Early ones are infrared (led in key) later models are radio frequency (no led in key in most) , I think around S/T/V plate it changed to RF.

Only the infrared ones have the sensor in the roof area.

RF ones need to be coded with Planet if they are "new" to the car, the earlier ones can be coded manually.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
martyn48

Post by martyn48 »

hi there is no led in the key fob my car is a 2000 reg.the key has been tested by a pug diagnostic machine and there is a signal going from the key to car.i have tried the series of test were you put the key in the ignition then press the lock button several times but still doesnt work
spider

Post by spider »

Its the radio key then.

The 'resync' by pressing the buttons is only if the car has seen that key transmitter before, as its a rolling code (changes each time) so if for instance it was pressed 100 times out of range the receiver would not know the code, so it has to be resynced.

What needs to happen now, if you can get access to the machine again is attempt to reprogram the central locking to the key, this is the only way to be sure if its going to work or not, the signal you got could of been the transponder but its not possible for me to tell from here. There's two things to code 1 the transponder (which is OK as its starts, don't attempt to recode that again) and (2) the remote control which is what needs checking with Planet.
Andy.

martyn48

Post by martyn48 »

ok i will try to get the machine again thanks for your help will keep you posted
spider

Post by spider »

You're welcome. Let us know how you get on.
Andy.