207 vti automatic AL4 trans

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mikcina
New User

207 vti automatic AL4 trans

Post by mikcina »

hello everyone
I need someone who maybe can help me.
problem is (like always) :( transmission

recently did general transmission repair

problem is when car is cold:
1) changing gears at very low speed... first, second and third to 30 km/h, even if I am going uphill or downhill, transmission put third gear at 30 km/h and car starts to hesitate because speed is 30 km/h? than when I press pedal change in second and works fine but right after that change in third. also moving to fourth gear at speed 40-50 km/h.
after a while (1-2 km) or until car reached 'some' temp everything is fine...
all day after working fine

2) sometimes (not always) when braking hard until stop or quick stop - I feel something like the car stays in second gear and than put put in first when I have already stop.

I had problems with rough idling when car is cold - diagnostic didn't tell that's anything wrong... but I figured out that maybe temp sensor makes problems so I changed temp sensor and problem gone. this is also good advice for rough idling problem (that I heard is common problems with vti engines)

I suspecting to some sensor fault (my hope) since temp sensor was bad (but comp or diagnostic tools didn't report anything regarding that) I'm hoping that some other sensor send bad signals to comp...

any advice or does anybody have experience with this problem