306 hdi Lack of power, turbo failure?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

scfc_151

306 hdi Lack of power, turbo failure?

Post by scfc_151 »

I have a 2001 306 hdi with 210,000 miles

The problem I have at the moment is a lack of power. The car seems to tick over fine, engine sounds sweet and it actually drives fine but just feels like a car without a turbo.

When pushing it a bit on a motorway slip road for example I dont feel the power surge that I use to. I dont know if this is because im use to it now or it actually has lost power.

Just for further information ive posted a while back about a high pitch whistling noise when driving. This happens when the revs have stayed constant for a few seconds. I never actually got to the bottom of this.

Also recently the EML came on so I bought a diagnostic tool for the laptop which showed up an error code for the throttle position sensor. However, this was replaced a couple of years ago so im wondering if it just requires a wiring modification for this car?

I was also wondering if the MAF sensor could be at fault? ive heard of a few people that disconnected it and suddenly made the car have more power.

If the turbo was at fault would there be any other symptoms of this other than a lack of power?

Thanks in advance
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: 306 hdi Lack of power, turbo failure?

Post by Peter.N. »

See Honest John for reply.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

have you checked all vacuum hose's and turbo ducting as an air leak anywhere in the indiction will stop the turbo working
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
scfc_151

Post by scfc_151 »

Hi

Ye ive checked hoses to the best of my ability and cant see anything but the access is rubbish on this car.
stu9

Post by stu9 »

Your best bet is to get the faults read - if you can hold of the Lexia 2 that'll help, you could be farting against thunder with a guessing game, like I was....that's my advice as it'll save alot of grief