front fog removal

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

froggy
Donor 2023
My Cars: S2 Xantia Forte 185435.
Peugeot 306 Meridian, the boss.

front fog removal

Post by froggy »

Hi, my wifes 306 ( 2000), round front fog light has corroded. Iam guessing the front bumper needs to come off? am I right? if so is it a big job? cheers Terry .
Terry
Xantia TD lx series1 SORN
Peugeot 306 meridian [ the boss]
Xantia HDI Forte 1997 CC
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: front fog removal

Post by spider »

I think you may be able to do it from within the wheelarch but I cannot be 100% sure, I know it changed a bit.

Best bet turn wheel fully one way or remove it then pull the splash shield up out of the way (including the underneath part if needed) and see if you can get at the bolts. If its the offside one you may have to remove the washer bottle to one side for access.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

If no screws on front then bulb change can be done from wheel arch. you need to remove liner ( 3 Torx screws). some folk aledge you can remove two and bend liner out of the way but I'd remove it. On driver's side you may find you need to remove screen wash bottle. Wiring may be tight or in the way but managable Neither action difficult.

If you are not changing the bulb then don't forget to wear gloves before touching the bulb or you'll be taking it apart again shortly. (Halogen bulbs don't like human contact!)

You may just be able to remove whole unit in situ but easier to remove the bumper. (you'll need to remove wheel arch fixings etc. both sides plus a few bolts iside engie copartment but not a difficult job. (cloth on ground for when you drop it to save it scratching!

Mike
UK Midlands currently with C5 (X7) Exclusive 2.0 HDI + 2 Pug 306s (Meridian and L) and a Pug 206L a/c
Previous C5 1 Exclusive 2.0 HDI, Pug 407LX HDI, 2No. Pug 406s LX HDI, Pug 309GLD, Pug 205GL, Pug 505GL, Pug 604SE, Pug 504ti
froggy
Donor 2023
My Cars: S2 Xantia Forte 185435.
Peugeot 306 Meridian, the boss.

Post by froggy »

cheers.
Terry
Xantia TD lx series1 SORN
Peugeot 306 meridian [ the boss]
Xantia HDI Forte 1997 CC