2001 306 central locking

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sorede66

2001 306 central locking

Post by sorede66 »

have a 2001 306 diesel estate dw8 engine. having problems with central locking not working correctly, all doors lock then immediately unlock, have seen several posts on this subject but can not find anyting for the later models.
the control box is under the dash,(texton 96398196.80 CPH04, it has 2 plugs, 1 yellow, 1 black, have read you can short drivers side connections, to passenger side connection but do not have circuit diagram, and do not want to do any damage by guessing, so my question is, does anyone have a diagram of the central locking system for the 2001 model, as my Haynes manual only goes up to 1999, or info on wire colours. ??
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: 2001 306 central locking

Post by spider »

Check there is not a box under the back seat area and / or under the drivers seat although the drivers seat may be earlier models only.

The problem is likely to be a broken wire or three in the door loom(s) which are a bit of a pain to do, not difficult just a long patient job.

A seized or otherwise actuator can cause this too. Less likely on the post 97 models though as the buttons are a more sensible design and tend not to stick.

I'll see if I can find a diagram of the later model (I know the manual stops at T plate, although newer versions of it do cover the DW8 I think) , do you have deadlocking fitted ? , it will be tomorrow before I can check though for a diagram.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

check for broken/fractured wires in the door shuts,
see what response you get by locking with the key at the passengers front door,

each door lock has a micro switch in it to tell the system if the doors are fully shut,
so if the system thinks one of the front doors has not shut fully it will lock and unlock
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
sorede66

Post by sorede66 »

the control box is not under the seats or floor, with the estates its under the dash, removing the centre console gives access to it, i have removed it and tried to check the continuity between the box and the door wiring plug, but without
wiring diagram can not be sure for correct wires. if you could find a 2001 diagram, would much appreciate it.
how can you check if the door micro switch is defective ?
locking passenger door with key results in that door locking, all other doors stay unlocked, then using the remote
all doors lock then unlock ???
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

sorede66 wrote: locking passenger door with key results in that door locking, all other doors stay unlocked, then using the remote
all doors lock then unlock ???
ok so now what happens if you lock the drivers door with the key,

as this might lead to were the fault lies,

although it sounds like its the passengers side at the mo
Regards, malcolm.

spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Malcolm is correct it has the switch to know if they are shut properly or not. I did see somewhere a mod to remove this "function" which allowed you to at least lock them and know they were locked without the bouncing effect. A Google search may turn it up, I seem to think it was on one of the 306GTi sites but I've not looked recently.

Regarding the box location that's the CPH / Texton, although earlier models certainly had the remote locking box under the drivers seat and I do remember some with it around the rear seating area too, without specifics I'll have to take your word for it but does not matter at this stage where it is.

As for the diagram, you did not say if you had deadlocks or not, and I need to know if you have the 23 fuse fusebox (in the passenger compartment) or one of the other sizes (will be something like 1x / 2x / 3x fuses)

For the moment I have guessed that it is the 23box and you do have deadlocks. It is *serious* pain to find and then (as you cannot expand it all in one go) to re-assemble the diagram into two halves at a viewing resolution. The provided one is too small to read.

Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
sorede66

Post by sorede66 »

ok thaks so far.
response to Malcolm, if i lock the drivers side with key it immediately bounces back, as the passenger side stays locked when locked with the key does
this prove it is the passenger side faulty ?
sorede66

Post by sorede66 »

thanks Andy for that.
yes, the car has a deadlock
it has a 32 fuse box drivers side.
is item 8630 on diagram the yellow plug on the control box ?
have looked for numbers on wires, but impossible to identify clearly, i don't suppose you have a colour guide for the diagram ??
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i would say the fault is at the passengers side as the drivers lock barrel is trying to lock every thing, but the passengers side is only locking that side

regards malcolm
Regards, malcolm.

paulo953

Post by paulo953 »

Hello,

I just registered on this forum because I found useful things and information inside.

I'm a French owner of Peugeot 306 HDi and I also have a central locking problem with my car.

Sometimes the car just unlock itself without any reason : I locked the car for the night and the morning after, it was open... But sometimes it stays locked. Hopefully I don't live in a very risky neighbourhood :)
Another example : one day I locked the car and received a call so I was absorbed by the phone conversation, talking just next to it... And it opened about half an hour after the lock...

I checked the harness on driver and passenger's side. Driver was quite damaged, I repaired it with "Heat-shrinkable girdle". Passenger side seems ok. But the problem remained..

I also want to implement the "deadlock" system : I know you British are lucky because it is compulsory in UK... But it is not in France and a very very rare option (on a well-known 306 fan forum 306inside just one guy does have it, and he got it from a Swisss version...). I would really like to go to an English caryard ^^

So Spider would you please get the diagram you post on this topic back ? It was very useful but it is no longer available.

At the moment, I managed to get the door actuators of a 406 Coupe (which has indeed deadlock system) and the correspondant harnesses of the doors. But I miss the CPH diagram to know where to put the new wires.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
paulo953

Post by paulo953 »

And sorry for the mistakes of the language :)
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

If (and I do mean IF) the mechanisims are like the ones used on an S2 Xantia, the rear locks only have one microswitch each (to detect locked/unlocked status), but the front doors have 3 switches, which (I believe) are for the following; 1 monitors the lock status (same as the rear locks), the second monitors the barrel status, while the third monitors the button status. I agree with citronut that the problem is in the passenger door lock system, as it is not reporting its status. The main issue you are likely to have is where the problem is. It is likely to be in the loom at the concertina bellows between the door and the chassis, and a quick look will show you how little space there is to work.

EDIR; Replying to sorede66 post.
Last edited by Hell Razor5543 on 07 Mar 2013, 18:57, edited 2 times in total.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
paulo953

Post by paulo953 »

Passenger door ? For us French passenger door mean your driver door ^^

I will check the harnesses of each door again to see if there is some wire broken... And if the actuator is faulty, then it will be a good reason to change it with the one from the 406 coupe... I just need to know which wire goes to where etc...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

paulo953 wrote:Passenger door ? For us French passenger door mean your driver door ^^

I will check the harnesses of each door again to see if there is some wire broken... And if the actuator is faulty, then it will be a good reason to change it with the one from the 406 coupe... I just need to know which wire goes to where etc...
Paulo
i think Jame was replying is to the original op ( sorede66 ) of this thread,

and i think maybe your issue could either be damp has got into the central locking system, or you have stray RF interference triggering your central locking,

either of the above are dependent on if you have IR or RF central locking/plips
Regards, malcolm.

paulo953

Post by paulo953 »

I have RF central locking plip with CPH/Texton Body computer. I think I would have to take a deeper look on the wires, one of them must be faulty.