RF remote coding

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

RF remote coding

Post by spider »

Just a quick one :)

1. Late 106's (radio frequency remotes) , if I remember correctly new ones *need* Diag2000 / Planet to code the remote locking yes ?

2. Where is the code retained ? , in the remote lock control box (glovebox) or in the cph (around column) , reason being it still functions without the cph but I'd half suspect it may not be possible to code a remote in without it. A look inside shows a serial EEPRom as expected though.

Remote lock only *not* transponder functions.

Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
spider

Re: RF remote coding

Post by spider »

Regarding 2, I'm only thinking it needs the cph to be 'told' about the code, ie: authorise it rather than anything else as it must be retained in the remote lock control box, although it may be initially processed elsewhere. The cph is tiny though with a single plug, and most of those wires go straight to the transponder aerial plug.

As an unrelated sidenote, the ECU does not interrupt the feed to the pump module (the 12v ignition feed) either, confirmed by verifying the feed is still present when the ECU is disconnected.
Andy.

spider

Post by spider »

:D I see I've started a popular topic.

Regarding (1) in the first post can someone clarify:

On a late Saxo or 106 with a radio frequency remote control, do you *need* planet / lexia to code the remote in (not the transponder just the remote locking) ?

I'm aware of the resync procedure but I suspect there's more to it than that, its initial 'coding' maybe. I cannot find a used one cheaply enough to warrant a bit of d.i.y unfortunately.

This design was about after I was "out" of the trade so to speak so I cannot be sure.
Andy.

spider

Post by spider »

To answer my own question it does need some kit to code the remote in. Although I'm still unsure if the code is authorised via the cph or not, I'll find out soon enough I'm sure ;)
Andy.