Removing top altantor pulley

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Welshy_Pete
My Cars: 306 hdi 1999 + 306 hdi 2000

Removing top altantor pulley

Post by Welshy_Pete »

Hello how do I remove the top altantor pulley from a car with the belt allready off?

Its the black plastic one the reason why mine got lumps in it and will need changing its not smooth. Ive seen one on anther car it spins like hell and smooth also the belt of the car.

But on afew other cars Ive undone the nut with a spanner but it tutches the body work and cant get it off the nut. But ive seen anther car and wandering how do I get it of but the belts of so thats one good thing.

306 hdi
Welshy_Pete

Re: Removing top altantor pulley

Post by Welshy_Pete »

bump.......
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

A strap wrench may hold it still, the fabric type one obviously not the metal one. Failing that if you can find a way to bolt something to it to keep it still or you'd need an impact gun to shock it loose.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Welshy_Pete

Post by Welshy_Pete »

spider wrote:A strap wrench may hold it still, the fabric type one obviously not the metal one. Failing that if you can find a way to bolt something to it to keep it still or you'd need an impact gun to shock it loose.
I can get the nut loose but it allways tutches the body work and wont come out no room.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Oh I see.

You may have to either take the mounting bolts out of it if you can get at them to move it about and / or take the top engine mounting off so you can "push" the engine back / up or down a little bit which may give clearance. Put a jack / block of wood under the sump area if doing this before taking the mounting off.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG