Tickover problems. Help please

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Axel Foley

Tickover problems. Help please

Post by Axel Foley »

Hi, newbie to this forum so hello all and hope somebody can help.

My daughter has a 307 CC 2.0 S Petrol 2006. Just recently the car has started stalling when pressing the throttle from tickover. It starts fine and ticks over at 800 odd revs. However, as soon as you apply some throttle the engine dies. Starts again ok and there are no fault lights or warnings coming on.

If you apply more throttle, it dies a little bit, feels like it trying to go then suddenly takes off. Once you get it over 2/3000 rpm it is ok but if you let it idle it goes back to cutting out again.

Not related to the above but the ns headlight motor is constantly trying to lower the light causing an MOT failure. Can the motor be disconnected and the light adjusted manually or is it a new headlamp assembly?

Any advice or help would be appreciated.
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: Tickover problems. Help please

Post by Lighty »

You need Peugeot Planet to the rescue, the throttle body may improve if cleaned, but it could be a totally unrelated fault.
Also ther is a procedure to match the throttle motor to the pedal potentiometer , so,without it you will struggle.
Modern cars eh :D
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Lighty wrote: Also ther is a procedure to match the throttle motor to the pedal potentiometer , so,without it you will struggle.
That procedure made all the difference in the world to Robyn's 206 1.4. It was like night and day. Her can showed a similar issue although it has no motorised throttle body. Still, a clean of the throttle body and a re-initialisation and retrain did the trick a treat...

PP may also help diagnose the light levelling issue...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Axel Foley

Post by Axel Foley »

Hi, thanks for your replies.

Had another look at the car today. Noticed there was like a 'rush of air' when the throttle was blipped which disappeared when the revs picked up. Will probably have to get it diagnosed even though there are no fault indications.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That's likely normal. Just the sound of turbulence of fast-moving air rushing past a barely open throttle butterfly.

However, if you can hear it at idle then you may well have an air leak which will upset the idle.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Axel Foley

Post by Axel Foley »

That makes sense. If you press the throttle slowly the raves pick up ok. If you press it as normal I.e. to pull away, it either drops away or struggles to pick up.

Could be fuel starvation I suppose but I am not sure if this model has a serviceable fuel filter oor not. Seem to read different opinions on the forums. This is a 2006 2.0 S petrol model. Is there any other way I can tell?