Hdi Tunning power increase and modifications

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mareksthe1st

Hdi Tunning power increase and modifications

Post by mareksthe1st »

Hey guys i got 307 2.0hdi Dturbo.
i wanted to to discuss the common modification we can do to them,

1)remapping your hdi, Remapping your car is good! increases the power by up to 44% but it cost dear £250 is the cheapest. but in the long run its the best option.

2) Tunning box, heard they are good but haven't actually tried it, easy install yourself, and adds nearly as much power as a remap, (up to 30bhp) cost around £70-100 , this is really good and with some more fancy ones you can switch to power to economy modes, and takes around 10 minutes to install (plug into fuel rail. )

3) removing PDF Heard about this option, its basically removing like a CAT and telling ecu its not there, some people have done this. made their car a lot faster and more responsive. But can you pass the MOT without one !???

4) Removing EGR system, Removing EGR is quite complex but i know few 306 hdi that had them done, and removed the CAT, and remapped, this will definaly make your car Smoke more then them TDI engines!! but if you do all of this this will give you the full power of the engine! you can make it up to 200bhp,

Main question. anything else any1 else got anything to add ?
and asnwer my question if we can pass the mot without PDF filter ?
thanks for reading !
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: Hdi Tunning power increase and modifications

Post by Peter.N. »

The cheapest way is probably adding a tuning box, that or a remap are the only ways of substantionally increasing power. I have one on my 2.2Hdi C5, I fitted it to help with the economy but it hasn't I think because I drive economicaly anyway but it has certainly improved the performance.

Peter