406 Radio/CD

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

406 Radio/CD

Post by Peter.N. »

The CD player didn't work in my 406 when I bought it, I managed to get another one but it keeps bleeping because its not coded in and I can't get my Lexia to work so I thought I would be clever and put the good CD player into my coded radio, well it works, sort of but periodically drops out momentarily, is this a fault with the player or is that also coded independantly, does anyone know? Thanks

Peter
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: 406 Radio/CD

Post by spider »

I think that's just a fault with it rather than a coding issue. I cannot see it working in an "annoying" mode as such (not discounting the ten minute test mode that works without a code on the older ones)

The issue you describe sounds like the cd input it too great and straining the amplifier input circuits causing them to momentarily shut down.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: 406 Radio/CD

Post by Peter.N. »

Hi Andy

Thanks for the prompt reply, I thought it must be a fault because of its random nature but although having been an electronics engineer for over 50 years I'm afraid this modern stuff has passed me by, no valves in it for a start :? so I thought I would ask someone who knows about these things. I have cleaned the laser but it doesn't seem to have made any difference although the unit is shock sensitive, if you just tap it, it goes off momentarily. It sounds almost as though it is skipping a track. it will sometimes run continuiously but its very hit and miss.

I will probably have to replace it with an aftermarket one, I have a pioneer about here somewhere that came out of one of the XMs.

Peter