Transponder slice

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Transponder slice

Post by spider »

I was thinking about cutting my sealed manual key open to remove the chip to fit into a remote case. I don't have a picture but its the 'sealed' head the dealer offers, with a screw to hold the blade.

Any thoughts ? , where abouts is the transponder in it (which side really I guess as its near the end) as I'd hate to slice into it.

Interestingly my existing remote key innards do not fit into the early 306 (InfraRed) or later 206 (RadioFrequency) shells partly due to the circuit board and mainly because the battery holder on the later RF 106's is part of the shell just for added entertainment ( :evil: ) :D , some on Ebay are advertised as suitable for a 106 but they are not.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
avamotor
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 307 1.4HD
Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD

Re: Transponder slice

Post by avamotor »

Hello Spider,

I have recently "borrowed" the transponder chip from my sealed key (Peugeot 206 2004 1.4 HDi) to place in a remote case and purchased the circuit board ready for central locking/alarm!

the top section pushed off the the "manual" key revealing the transponder chip for my car, havent seen the key type for your car so cant comment for your application.

Garry
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Transponder slice

Post by spider »

Ah the 206 keys do slide apart (I dropped one once and it fell apart, had much fun looking for the chip on the floor) its not like that. :)

Camera unwell or I'd get a pic, its this sort (quick Google turned up an image) > http://www.tonyandrews-shop.com/445-227 ... d-id33.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A small screw goes into the other side, which holds the blade. I did consider a 206 shell but my spare key blade would not fit, as you know the 206 manual keys have the head with a bit of plastic already attached. :)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG