New Wing Mirror Cover

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

OwenP
My Cars:

New Wing Mirror Cover

Post by OwenP »

Courtesy of the local bus company and a piece of advertising board flying off the side of the bus I am now in need of a new drivers side wing mirror cover.

Can they be supplied seperately or do I need to replace the whole wing mirror assembly?

The old one has no clips left, they have all been sheared off.

It is an electric wing mirror on a 51 plate 406 estate.

I will be billing the bus company for it in any case.

Cheers
2001 406 Rapier 2.0 HDi 90 Estate - Sold Scrap after being viciously attacked by a falling tree
2001 Toyota MR2 1.8 VVTi - To be sold for spares/repair - dead gearbox :(
2014 Seat Ibiza Eastate 1.4 FR ACT (bought in an emergency, but a nice enough low mileage car)
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Genuine covers are available easily - check fleabay, too. Probably £15-ish.

They are pre-primed with light grey 2K so all that's needed is a quick rub with worn P800 (wet), rinse/dry and you're good to lay down colour - no mucking about with adhesion promoters or similar.
OwenP
My Cars:

Re: New Wing Mirror Cover

Post by OwenP »

Cheers.

It looks like the cover is the only thing needed, all the electrics work and look ok. The insurance company (theirs) isn't going to quibble over it, so I'm getting the local Peugeot garage to do it.

A very lucky escape for me, and a cheap one for them.
2001 406 Rapier 2.0 HDi 90 Estate - Sold Scrap after being viciously attacked by a falling tree
2014 Seat Ibiza Eastate 1.4 FR ACT (bought in an emergency, but a nice enough low mileage car)
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

tell them it requires a complete mirror and the coulord section has got to be painted,

regards malcolm
OwenP
My Cars:

Post by OwenP »

I'm afraid I've gone done the honest route. I let the garage send the quote off. I'm not out to fleece them, whilst it was a bit of a shock the damage is relatively minor. Had the damage been more servere, i.e. shattering the windscreen I would be dealing with it very differently, assumming I was still here to do so. It is lucky there was no one on foot in the vicinity as it would have done them very serious (if not fatal) injury.