205 non starter

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

johnb
My Cars:

205 non starter

Post by johnb »

I have a 1991 'H' reg 205 which for the past 6 weeks has sat in my garage unused. The battery is fully charged. on trying to start the car today, there was absolute silence, no spark etc. Can somebody tell me what the problem could be as i need the car on Thursday to go on holiday? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated
johnb
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

Do your radio and lights work ?
I'd be looking at thinks like fuses and relays, especially to do with the starter motor, and check all the connections.
I presume this car is too old to have an immobiliser ?
Mat.
johnb
My Cars:

Post by johnb »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mbunting</i>

Do your radio and lights work ?
I'd be looking at thinks like fuses and relays, especially to do with the starter motor, and check all the connections.
I presume this car is too old to have an immobiliser ?
Mat.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Thanks for the reply, Mat. The radio & all lights work. There is no immobiliser. There is just nothing when I turn ignition key. Where is the starter motor located? It could just be jammed although I did try rocking the car in gear.
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

I think the starter motor will be on the front of the block, just down below where the oil filler funnel is, you can't really miss it, it's huge !
johnb
My Cars:

Post by johnb »

Many thanks for your help Mat. Located the starter motor and did something technical, i.e. gave it a huge wallop with a hammer!! Car started first time! I will probably get the starter looked at but at least we're up & running for the moment. Cheers mate! johnb