206 1.4 HDI 2004 no oil pressure light!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

avamotor
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 307 1.4HD
Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD

206 1.4 HDI 2004 no oil pressure light!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by avamotor »

Hello FCF members,

Thank you to the members who have me helped me with my motor so far =D>, but fighting throught the problems with the car, today I have noted an entirely diferent problem.

Bought the car a couple of saturdays ago from Garage in Coventry, and it played up a bit on the "test" but cutout about 10-20 seconds after start up but as it was okay until it was left for any period (already knew this may have been a good warning!) did the same ever day after it had been stood for a few minutes until I removed the air box and discovered that the fuel pipes 2x (1574 T2 Pug no) that run over the rocker cover and sandwiched under the airbox had rubbed throught and you could hear air being sucked back so the fuel was effectively draining etc. so first I discovered that a temporary repair was necessary, currently contact the garage owner who was a bit miffed about the price for a replacement pipe! currentley still waiting to hear back. :roll:

I have noted that there didnt/doesnt appear to be oil pressure light on the dash!!! originally concerned a bulb may have failed I took it apart yesterday and praise the 21st Century as no bulbs on board but LEDS! using a multi meter set to continuity and with 2 needles touched either side of the LED (plug and wiring disconnected from main loom) on the dash to which it did illuminate, so I know it has the potential to work so suspected the switch and or wiring. I cannot find fuse 8 and fuse 2 on the BSI either to check for failure so I am stumped. The "STOP" and handbrake light both work so super confused now. :(

I ordered replacement switch last night, collected this morning, and after removal of the "CAT" and bracket (no other way to access the switch and its wiring sadly) and with an extended piece of electric wire out of the wiring plug I "earthed" the end of the cable switched on the ignition and still no light, based on the idea that perhaps the switch may not be dud, would this point to a wiring fault or possible BSI and software problem? :?

new switch is now fitted but still no oil pressure light either!

Any advice would be welcomed,

thank you Garry
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: 206 1.4 HDI 2004 no oil pressure light!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by DickieG »

With LED's being used for warning lights, as they are more reliable than bulbs the warning light for oil pressure does not always illuminate when starting the car so check with a dealer to confirm correct operation of the light on your car. It may be working correctly ATM.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

Much of your work could have been avoided, by using the Peugeot planet, as the light could be switched on in the actuator test for the dashboard. I think it would be worth getting the car plugged in and start from there.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
avamotor
(Donor 2022)
Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD

Post by avamotor »

Hello Folks,

I did plug in PP2000 earlier but couldnt get the light, sorry LED to illuminate. I tried under ECU in BSI and Actuator, test by function, but it wouldnt go.

I did manage to test other actuators for other menus successfully, so my thoughts for tomorrow are to disconnect the dasboard wiring (1 Plug) and test the earth function from the replacement oil pressure sender unit as a result of no pressure (engine off) and a live feed from the cigar lighter to a multimeter or LED to confirm that :-

a) the earth is present and functional with no engine running i.e at rest with no pressure behind the switch.

b) check the line in +12volt entering the plug that feeds the clocks including other panel leds to work out if the clocks are dud!

c) if either A) or B) above fail I know I have a short in a wire as all the other LEDS do operate the STOP Light and handbrake circuit.

Does this sound correct and sensible?

Garry
avamotor
(Donor 2022)
Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD

Post by avamotor »

okay that failed miserably!!

According to the Haynes manual and my version of Peugeot Sedre the wire to check is wire numbered 410 in beige from the oil pressure sensor on the side of the engine, I know that exists as i swapped it yesterday and should run into plug hole 11 of a 26 way yellow multiplug (1 of 2 mulitiplugs going to instrument cluster).

The reality was quite different, on removal of the clocks there is 1 white 18 way multiplug!!!

Does someone have a slightly more upto date version of wiring diagrams/Sedre for details of the Oil Pressure Light on the dash, my car is a 2004 Peugeot 206 1.4 HDI, just to help me work out what is not working!!

Thank you

Garry
avamotor
(Donor 2022)
Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD

Post by avamotor »

Hello FCF world,

could I ask if any of you, your loved one or even your loathed ones please if you have a Peugeot 206 1.4 hdi, 2004 if you switch on the ignition lights do you have a symbol of the oil can to represent oil pressure along with the other warning symbols?

I am wondering if as part of the multiplex design, the light only illuminates to warn of the problem as it occurs as opposed to conventional other cars illuminating to begin with other ignition lights.

Thank you in advance

Garry
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Cant confirm about the 206 but on newer multiplexed citroen berlingos the oil light only lights up when there is a problem like you have guessed, there is no direct wire connection from the pressure switch to the dash clocks, the pressure switch goes to the BSI & the BSI 'multiplexes' the info to the dash display.
avamotor
(Donor 2022)
Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD

Post by avamotor »

Thank you Wheeler! =D>

Glad that you can confirm thats its not necessarily a flaw with my car and more a "multiplex decision" that decides to switch on to warn of an low oil pressure, i feel happy knowing that at least the engine is okay, or at least for the time being! :lol:

Thank you for your time again.

Garry.